The Communities and Local Government Committee holds its fifth oral evidence session which is focusing on delivering social value and supporting small and micro businesses.
Monday 25 November 2013
4.15pm – delivering social value
- Oliver Henman, Head of Partnerships and International, National Council for Voluntary Organisations
- Matthew Jackson, Associate Director, Centre for Local Economic Strategies
- Richard Macfarlane, Consultant, representing the Joseph Rowntree Foundation
5pm – supporting small and micro businesses
- Martin McTague, Chairman, Local Government Policy Unit, Federation of Small Businesses
- Alun Rafique, Director, Market Dojo
- Dr Pedro Telles, University of Bangor
In July the Committee launched an investigation into local government procurement with a focus on the extent to which the sector is delivering good value for money and meeting the objectives of local communities.
On the afternoon of 25 November the Committee will take evidence on delivering social value and supporting small and micro businesses.