Communities and Local Government Committee examines key issues facing private landlords and tenants.
Monday 4 March 2013
Wilson Room, Portculllis House
- Geoff Fimister, Senior Policy Adviser, Citizens’ Advice
- Jason Freeman, Legal Director, Goods and Consumer Group, Office of Fair Trading
- Mark Hayward, Managing Director, NAEA, representing the Association of Residential Letting Agents
- Caroline Kenny, UKALA Executive, UK Association of Letting Agents
- Peter Bolton-King, Global Residential Director, Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
- Louisa Darian, Senior Policy Adviser, Which?
- Christopher Hamer, the Property Ombudsman
The session is the third evidence session of the inquiry examining private rented sector housing, particularly the quality of housing in the sector, rent levels, tenure and the regulation of landlords, letting agents and houses in multiple occupation (HMOs). This session will focus in particular upon the lettings market and the role and regulation of letting agents.