First oral evidence session to be held on Local Government Procurement.
Monday 28 October
- Lorraine Cox, Head of Procurement, Halton Borough Council
- Julie Gill, Director of Resources, Cheshire West and Chester Council
- Brian Reynolds, Head of Productivity, Local Government Association
- Peter Challis, National Officer, Local Government Services Group, UNISON
- Kerry Hallard, Chief Executive Officer, National Outsourcing Association
In July the Committee launched an investigation into local government procurement with a focus on the extent to which the sector is delivering good value for money and meeting the objectives of local communities. This is the first oral evidence session and aims to highlight key challenges and opportunities for local authorities. It will also explore particular issues for councils outsourcing their services.