Councillors and the Community
Monday 22 October 2012, The Thatcher Room, Portcullis House
- Robert Howard, former Councillor
- Cllr Robert Knowles, Leader, Waverley Borough Council
- Nan Sloane, Director, Centre for Women and Democracy
- Paul Wheeler, Director, Political Skills Forum
- Cllr Rowan Draper, Stafford Borough Council
- Cllr Alycia James, Lancaster City Council
- Cllr Simon Killane, Wiltshire Council
- Cllr Marianne Overton, Lincolnshire County Council and North Kesteven District Council
The inquiry is looking at the role councillors play in their communities.
The session will be open to the public on a first come, first served basis. For meetings in Portcullis House, the entrance is located on Victoria Embankment. For meetings in the Palace of Westminster please enter via the visitor entrance, located next to the main St Stephen’s entrance. There is no system for the prior reservation of seats in Committee Rooms. It is advisable to allow about 30 minutes to pass through security checks. Committee rooms and the timing of meetings are subject to change. Those interested in attending the session should check the venue by contacting the House of Commons Public Information Office on 020 7219 4272 on the day before the hearing.