The Communities and Local Government Committee holds an evidence session as part of its inquiry into 100% business rate retention and how the extended implementation period is affecting councils' financial planning.
Impact on financial planning
The change in local government funding was due to be implemented by 2019-20 but, although the Government says it remains committed to its implementation, it has since been delayed.
MPs will want to question the witnesses on the impact of the delay on local authorities' financial planning as well as the wider issues relating to the Government's Fair Funding Review in 2020-21 and what the priorities should be.
Monday 5 February, Thatcher room, Portcullis House
- Cllr David Simmonds CBE, Vice Chairman, Local Government Association
- Cllr Paul Carter, Chair, County Councils Network
- Sheila Little, President, Society of County Treasurers
- Rob Whiteman, Chief Executive, CIPFA
- Guy Ware, Director, Finance, Performance and Procurement, London Councils
- Cllr John Fuller, Chairman, District Councils Network
- Janice Gotts, Deputy City Treasurer, Manchester City Council
- Cllr David Finch, Leader, Essex County Council