The Communities and Local Government Committee hears from those who have experienced homelessness and Heriot-Watt University academics as part of their inquiry into the causes and the effectiveness of work undertaken to address homelessness.
Monday 6 June 2016, Thatcher Room, Portcullis House
- Mateasa Grant, Crisis 'mystery shopper'
- Daisy-May Hudson, director of 'Half Way' film
- Ross Symonds, author of 'Homeless in Bristol' blog
- Professor Suzanne Fitzpatrick, Heriot-Watt University
- Professor Sarah Johnsen, Heriot-Watt University
Purpose of session
The first half of the session covers:
- first-hand experience of engaging with homeless services and trying to find secure accommodation
The second half of the session covers:
- England’s homelessness legislation and whether any lessons could be learned from Scotland, Wales and elsewhere in Europe