The Communities and Local Government Committee examines the Government's proposals to allow authorities to retain 100 per cent of business rates by 2020. The Committee questions the Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy and the Institute of Revenues Ratings and Valuations before hearing from organisations representing ratepayers.
Tuesday 22 March 2016, Boothroyd Room, Portcullis House
- Sean Nolan, Senior Local Government Adviser, Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy
- David Magor, Chief Executive, Institute of Revenues, Rating and Valuation
- Andrew Hetherton, Chairman, IRRV Valuers' Association Board, Institute of Revenues, Rating and Valuation
- Mike Cherry, Policy Director, Federation of Small Businesses
- Tom Ironside, Director, Business Regulation, British Retail Consortium
- Chris Richards, Senior Business Environment Policy Adviser, EEF