The Business, Innovation and Skills Committee has announced its intention to conduct an inquiry into the Insolvency Service.
Terms of Reference
- The role and functions of the Insolvency Service, including:
- Pre-pack administrations (issues of transparency, their link to ‘phoenix’ companies);
- Possible regulation and sanction of licensed insolvency practitioners;
- Creation of an Insolvency Ombudsman?
- Strengthening of the control of IP’s remuneration?; and
- The effects of the reductions in the Service’s staff and budget.
Written evidence should be sent to the Committee at the following e-mail address email@example.com, preferably by close of business on Friday 30 December.
Please note that select committees are unable to investigate individual cases.