The Business, Innovation and Skills Committee will be holding two evidence sessions looking into issues concerning student loans and student recruitment. The Committee will be scrutinising the Government’s recent announcement to sell-off a part of the student loan book—loans issued between 1990 and 1998, known as mortgage-style loans, the recent NAO Report on Student Loan Repayments (PDF 87 KB), and policies affecting student recruitment.
Because of the timeliness of this inquiry the Committee has not formally called for written evidence, but would be happy to receive any written submissions.
Tuesday 17 December, Committee Room 8, Palace of Westminster
- Bahram Bekhradnia, Director, Higher Education Policy Institute (HEPI)
- Dr Andrew McGettigan, Author and Expert on University Funding, Higher Education Policy Institute (HEPI)
- Toni Pearce, President, National Union of Students (NUS)
Tuesday 14 January, The Wilson Room, Portcullis House
- Rt Hon. David Willetts MP, Minister for Universities and Science, Department for Business, Innovation and Skills
- Matthew Hilton, Director Higher Education, Department for Business, Innovation and Skills
- Michael Harrison, Executive Director, Shareholder Executive, Department for Business, Innovation and Skills