The Business, Innovation and Skills Committee will be holding two further evidence sessions on the privatisation of Royal Mail.
On Wednesday 20 November, the Committee will be hearing from representatives of the banking industry who provided valuations of Royal Mail prior to privatisation. On Wednesday 27 November, the Committee will hear from the Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills to follow-up on issues that have arisen following the share flotation of Royal Mail on the London Stock Exchange.
Also appearing alongside the Secretary of State will be the Rt Hon. Michael Fallon MP, Minister of State for Business, the Shareholder Executive and a representative of Lazard, the investment bank who acted as an independent adviser to the Government on the valuation of Royal Mail.
Wednesday 20 November
Grimond Room, Portcullis House
- John Mayne, Managing Director, UK Client Coverage, JP Morgan
- Ben Story, Head of UK Investment Banking & Broking, Citi
- Gert Zonneveld, Managing Director, Co-Head of Research, Panmure Gordon
- James Agnew, Chairman of UK Corporate Broking, Deutsche Bank
- James Robertson, Managing Director, UBS
- Richard Cormack, Managing Director, Co-Head of Equity Capital Markets, Goldman Sachs
Wednesday 27 November (Committee room to be confirmed)
- Rt Hon. Vince Cable MP, Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills
- Rt Hon. Michael Fallon MP, Minister of State for Business and Energy, Department for Business, Innovation and Skills
- A representative of the Shareholder Executive (name tbc)
- A representative of Lazard (name tbc)
The session will be open to the public on a first come, first served basis. There is no system for the prior reservation of seats in Committee Rooms. It is advisable to allow about 20 minutes to pass through security checks. Committee Rooms and timings are subject to change.