The Business, Innovation and Skills Committee holds the first evidence session for its inquiry into the Extractive Industries Sector on Tuesday 19 November.
The first panel of witnesses will be questioned to provide the Committee with the background to the issues in the extractive industries sector; in the second panel, the EITI will be questioned on the global standards for the industry; and lastly, the final panel will focus on extracting in the UK.
Tuesday 19 November, Committee Room 6
- David Hargreaves, Mining Consultant and Publisher, Week in Mining
- Ros Lund, Senior Manager, Mining on Top
- Ben Peachey, Communications Director, International Council on Mining and Metals
- Ken Cronin, CEO, UK Onshore Operators Group
- Eddie Rich, Deputy Head, Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative
- Robert Fenton, Business Consultant and Secretary, Mining Association of the UK
- Nigel Jackson, Chairman, CBI Minerals Group
- David Odling, Energy Policy Manager, Oil & Gas UK
- Stuart Hoult, Director of Mining, UK Coal
- Nigel Holmes, Corporate Affairs Manager, GDF Suez E&P UK and spokesperson for Oil and Gas Independents Association