The Committee will be conducting an inquiry into the government’s programmes of support for business.
The inquiry will concentrate on:
- The support strategies and programmes offered to business by the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills;
- The take-up of those programmes by business;
- The funding of those programmes; and
- The impact of those programmes.
Particular focus will be on:
- The Regional Growth Fund;
- Funding for Lending; the Business Bank and the Green Investment Bank;
- The Manufacturing Advisory Service; and
- Government support for exports.
The Committee will also consider the funding and support provided to Local enterprise Partnerships as part of the inquiry.
Written submissions are invited by close of business on Friday 17 October 2014. Written evidence should be sent to the Committee, as an MS Word document, via the inquiry page.
A guide for written submissions to Select Committees may be found below:
http://www.parliament.uk/documents/commons-committees/witnessguide.pdf ( PDF 1.23 MB)