The Business, Innovation and Skills Committee has announced its intention to conduct an inquiry into Apprenticeships.
Written evidence should be sent to the Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org, by close of business on Friday 3 February 2012.
Please note that select committees are unable to investigate individual cases.
Terms of reference
- How successful has the National Apprenticeship Service been since it was created in April 2009? Has it helped bridge the gap between the two funding Departments? (BIS and Department for Education)
- Is the extra funding promised by the Coalition Government necessary for apprenticeships? How can this funding best be spent?
- Are apprenticeships of a high enough quality to benefit apprentices and their employers? Should there be more Level 3 apprenticeships?
- Apprenticeship bonuses – how should they function? Will they encourage the involvement of more small and medium sized businesses to take on apprentices? If not what will?
- Is the current funding arrangement for training of apprentices of 100% for 16-18 year olds and 50% for 19-24 year olds appropriate?
A guide for written submissions to Select Committees may be found below: http://www.parliament.uk/documents/commons-committees/witnessguide.pdf