The Business, Innovation and Skills Committee looks at different types of exporting support and the relationship between UKTI and national, regional and local government. It will include witnesses from the devolved administrations, local government, and central Government departments.
Tuesday 15 March 2016, Room 8, Palace of Westminster
- Katy Chamberlain, Chief Executive, Business in Focus,
- Neil Francis, Director International Trade and Investment, Scottish Development,
- Alison Gowdy, Director of Trade, Invest Northern Ireland;
- David Hughes, Head of Business Engagement, Kent County Council,
- James Cushing, Chair, Chief Economic Development Officers' Society,
- Councillor Iain Malcolm, Vice Chair, North East Combined Authority's Economic Regeneration and Development Advisory Board;
- Jeremy Allen, Head of Investor Relations, Department of Energy and Climate Change,
- Tim Render, Head of the Great British Food Unit, Department for the Environment and Rural Affairs.
Purpose of the session
In particular the Committee are likely to consider:
- how effectively UKTI works with local government and administrations in the devolved regions and nations to support businesses to export,
- the advantages and challenges of localism and devolution in improving export support for business,
- how Whitehall departments are responding to the new "whole-of-government approach" to export promotion.