The Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy Committee examines the Government’s Industrial Strategy by questioning Business and Industry Minister Richard Harrington MP.
MPs will also question representatives from the construction industry – the only sector to secure a deal from four industries being examined in the Committee’s inquiry (off-shore wind, retail and hospitality), and question UK Steel on their views of sector deals. The inquiry is focused on the role of sector deals in the Government’s Industrial Strategy and their likely impact on the UK’s productivity.
Purpose of the session
The session with the construction and steel industries is likely to focus on whether sector deals can meet the wide needs of their sectors and promote productivity, and the challenges of securing a deal. The Minister will then face questions on the aims of the Industrial Strategy, progress made on the sector deals and which other sectors the Government is likely to support.
Tuesday 13 November, Wilson Room, Portcullis House
- Diana Montgomery, Chief Executive, Construction Products Association
- Hannah Vickers, Chief Executive, Association for Consultancy and Engineering
- Richard Warren, Head of Policy and Representation, UK Steel
- Fergus Harradence, Member of Construction Leadership Council and Deputy Director of Construction, Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Richard Harrington MP, Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State, Minister for Business and Industry, Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Alex Williams, Deputy Director, Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy
Image: Parliamentary copyright