The Backbench Business Committee has announced debates for Thursday 27 June on the subjects of legal aid reform and on Multinational Companies and UK Corporation Tax.
The Committee has determined that the following business will take place in backbench time:
Thursday 27 June in the Chamber
- General debate on Legal Aid Reform (Members in charge: Sarah Teather, David Lammy)
- General debate on Multinational Companies and UK Corporation Tax (Members in charge: Chris White, Paul Farrelly, Jim Sheridan)
Representations received at 18 June meeting
At its public meeting on Tuesday 18 June the Committee also heard, in addition to bids for the debates above, representations from:
- Dr Julian Huppert for a debate on the All Party Parliamentary Cycling Group’s report ‘Get Britain Cycling’
- John Mann for a debate on the use of corporate structures in the UK and money laundering, tax evasion and other financial crime
- Nick Brown, Helen Goodman and Guy Opperman for a debate on the North East Independent Economic Review Report.
- David Ward and Heather Wheeler for a debate on Social Care Reform for Working Age Disabled People
The representations made at the meeting on 18 June can be viewed on Parliament TV.