The Administration Committee has announced its intention to inquire into Induction Arrangements for new Members of Parliament after the next General Election.
Closing date for written submissions: Monday 4 February 2013
The Committee will consider:
- office accommodation for Members and their staff
- advice and training on employment of staff
- IT at Westminster and the constituency
- financial support from IPSA (Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority)
- training in parliamentary procedures and activities; and
- orientation on the parliamentary estate.
The Committee also intends to review implementation of the recommendations made in its 2005 report Post-election services, and the experiences of up to 230 new Members after the 2010 election.
Individuals or organisations are requested to write (guideline length up to 2,000 words) in a Word-compatible file by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. If necessary, the postal address is Clerk of the Administration Committee, House of Commons, London SW1A 0AA. Submissions must clearly state who the author is and whether they write as an individual or for an organisation.
Written evidence submitted to the Committee should be kept confidential until the Committee has published it.
Image: Parliamentary copyright