Special Educational Needs (SEN)
The Children and Families Bill would make changes to the way in which support is provided to children and young people with Special Educational Needs.
Provisions include, but are not limited to:
- Clause 26 creates a new duty for joint commissioning which will require local authorities and health bodies to work in partnership when arranging provision for children and young people with SEN.
- Clause 30 places a requirement on local authorities to publish a "local offer" of services they expect to be available for children and young people with SEN.
- Clauses 36 to 47 set out the requirements relating to the provision and implementation of Education, Health and Care plans.
- Clause 48 requires local authorities to prepare a personal budget for children or young people with an EHC Plan if asked to do so by the child’s parent or the young person.
MPs are particularly interested in your comments on the practical implications of specific clauses of the Bill. Please make clear whether your comment relates to a specific clause or schedule.
- Read Bill clauses 19-72 on Special Educational Needs
- Special Education Needs (SEN): Schedule 3
- Read explanatory notes on the Children and Families Bill
This forum is now closed and comments related to this thread have been removed.