The Bill would make changes to family justice, including the law relating to care proceedings, and arrangements for children after divorce or separation
Key provisions include, but are not limited to:
- Clause 10 sets out the circumstances in which a mediation information and assessment meeting (MIAM) must be attended before family proceedings can be brought.
- Clause 11 introduces a presumption that the involvement of both parents in a child’s life will further that child’s welfare, unless the contrary is shown.
- Clause 13 sets out the circumstances in which expert evidence may be used in court for children proceedings.
- Clause 14 introduces a 26 week time limit to proceedings for care & supervision orders, with provision for extensions in certain circumstances.
MPs are particularly interested in your comments on the practical implications of specific clauses of the Bill. Please make clear whether your comment relates to a specific clause or schedule.
- Read Bill clauses 10-18 on Family Justice
- Family Justice: Schedule 2
- Read explanatory notes on the Children and Families Bill
This forum is now closed and comments related to this thread have been removed.