Transport accounts for over a quarter of the UK's carbon dioxide emissions and that figure is rising. Could biofuels offer a way of powering our vehicles while still helping combat climate change? This is a pressing issue for the UK Parliament and has featured many times in parliamentary debate. In this podcast we find out what MPs, Peers, parliamentary researchers and leading industry figures have to say
This podcast was presented by Dr Chandy Nath from the Parliamentary Office of Science and Technology and produced by Julian Mayers at yada yada productions.
This recording is 30 minutes long.
Subscribe to future recordings (Podcast)
In this section
Science in Parliament Podcasts
- Biofuels and agriculture - Christopher Barclay, House of Commons library
- Biofuels policy - Jo Swinson, MP for East Dunbartonshire and Mark Pritchard, MP for the Wrekin
- UK biofuel production - Claire Wenner, consultant for British Sugar
- The science of biofuels - Lord Oxburgh, House of Lords
- Biofuels - Related Resources
- Tim Yeo MP on: Are Biofuels Sustainable?
- Biofuels podcasts