The International Women's Suffrage Alliance
Even before the war, the International Women's Suffrage Alliance and its newspaper, 'Jus Suffragii' represented the pacifist voices of women in twenty-six countries.Founded in 1902 by American suffragist Carrie Chapman Catt and suffragists from eleven countries, including Millicent Fawcett, the main headquarters of the Alliance was in London. In April 1915 over 1300 women met at The Hague for the International Women's Congress, and resolutions were made calling for peace, co-operation and equality. Still in existence as the International Alliance of Women, the organisation has general consultative status within the United Nations Economic and Social Council.
International Women's Suffrage Alliance brooch with the motto 'Jus Suffragii'
Atria Institute on gender equality and woman's history