Norman Shaw North Lamp of Remembrance
This cast iron lamp was installed as a memorial to the civilian staff from the offices of the Commissioner and the Receiver of the Metropolitan Police killed in the First World War. It was unveiled on 11 November 1925 and originally included bronze plaques inscribed with 20 names.
The lamp stands in the main staircase of a building known today as Norman Shaw North. Between 1889 and 1966 this was part of New Scotland Yard, the Metropolitan Police HQ. It became part of the Parliamentary Estate in 1972 and now largely contains offices for MPs and their staff.