Sideboard Peers Dining Room
This grand sideboard, is one of the most important pieces of furniture in the Lords part of the Palace of Westminster and was designed by Pugin around 1849. Records show that Pugin's friend, John Hardman, produced the handles and other metalwork for this piece in 1849 and it is thought to have been made by John Webb of Bond Street. It is currently located near the Peers Dining Room and is carved with the Tudor rose, thistle and shamrock referring to the three kingdoms governed by Westminster.
Recent conservation on this piece has led to improvement in the polish and the colour as well as reinstating the tinned handles which in the past had been painted over.