Chairs from Scarisbrick Hall
Within the Palace of Westminster there are five of this type of chair and one similar armchair. They were designed in the x-frame style for Charles Scarisbrick, of Scarisbrick Hall, Lancashire by Pugin in 1837. They were acquired in 1951.
The chairs are currently in The Chapel of St Mary Undercroft which is used for regular celebrations of Holy Communion, for baptisms, weddings and other services held for Members of both Houses and Staff. Two chairs from the same set were also acquired by the Victoria and Albert Museum.