Skip to main content
Menu

Cabinet

This large oak cabinet has been in what became the Prime Ministers rooms in the Palace of Westminster since the building was opened in 1852. It is one of the most important pieces of furniture in the Commons part of the Palace and was designed by AWN Pugin in the 1840s.

There are intricately carved oak leaves and acorns on the cupboard doors and the metal work is also very detailed with the hinges of the cupboard reaching almost all of the way across the doors.