Skip to main content


This factsheet has been archived.

When the House of Commons votes it is called a division. Generally Members vote by walking through either an Aye or a No Lobby. Their names are recorded as they file past the clerks and are then counted by the Tellers.

Find out more

House of Commons Enquiry Service

Telephone: 020 7219 4272
Text phone: Dial 18001 followed by 020 7219 4272