Online voting in the House of Lords
The House of Lords put in place online voting between 15 June 2020 and September 2021. Members continue to vote online but may only do so when present on the parliamentary estate.
The move to online voting ensured all members of the Lords could carry out the House's essential work examining legislation and government actions whether they are taking part in the chamber or online.
The first online votes took place on Monday 15 June. Members voted on changes to the Extradition (Provisional Arrest) Bill (division 1 and division 2) and regulations on access to abortions in Northern Ireland (division 3 and division 4).
- Work of the House of Lords – making laws
- Follow @UKHouseofLords on Twitter
- Follow @UKHouseofLords on Instagram
- Like House of Lords on Facebook
- Watch House of Lords videos on YouTube
- View House of Lords images on Flickr
Image: House of Lords / Roger Harris