Skip to main content

Contacting your MP

MPs have public contact details so their constituents can get in touch. In most cases you can write, phone, fax or email. MPs will generally only act on behalf of their constituents, so please check you are contacting the MP who represents your constituency.


Calling with a simple question might get a faster response than writing. You will talk to a relevant office or have to leave a message. Phone the House of Commons switchboard on 020 7219 3000 and ask for your MP by name. If you do not know their name then phone the House of Commons Information Office on 020 7219 4272.

You may also contact your MP through their local constituency office. Addresses and contact numbers will be listed in local libraries, town halls, an MP's personal website or through the House of Commons Information Office.

By letter

When writing to any MP the address to use is: House of Commons London SW1A 0AA. A letter allows you to explain yourself more clearly and in detail and the MP will have a record of your problem.

Bulk mailshots

Bulk mailshots for the House of Commons are not accepted. All bulk mailshots should be individually named, stamped and addressed to: House of Commons, London, SW1A 0AA. Mailshots that do not comply with the bulk mailing guidance will be returned.


The majority of MPs now have email addresses that you can write to. These can be found on the MPs' biography pages.


There is no general fax number for the House of Commons or listing of MP's fax numbers - please telephone the MP's office first if you need to send a fax.

Need a government minister?

If you wish to contact a government minister in connection to their ministerial responsibilities please use the contact facilities on their departmental website. Check our directory of government ministers and their departments.

Find an MP or Member of the Lords

Enter your postcode, constituency or the name of an MP to find their contact details.

Find Members