Following the UK General Election, the Houses of Parliament will continue to welcome, engage and inspire visitors this summer with a choice of guided tours, self-guided audio tours and family tours.
During a tour, visitors will have the opportunity to:
- Take a look around the Commons Chamber and the Lords Chamber
- Discover more about the work of both Houses of Parliament
- Follow in the footsteps of the Queen at the State Opening
- Find out how and where to 'lobby' your MP
- Visit the oldest part of the building, medieval Westminster Hall
Tickets can now be booked for tours on the following dates:
- Monday to Friday between 24 July and 1 September 2017 (except 28 August 2017)
- Tuesday to Friday between 15 September and 6 October 2017
- Saturdays until 30 December 2017
A popular add-on is afternoon tea served in a room which provides superb views over the Thames.
Tickets can be purchased online, by calling +44 (0)20 7219 4114 or in person from the Ticket Office at the front of Portcullis House on Victoria Embankment.
More information for group travel organisers looking to arrange visits to Westminster is available on the Groups and travel trade page.
Tours are occasionally subject to variation or cancellation due to parliamentary business.
Image credit: VisitBritain