For the first time Peers’ Dining Room in the House of Lords is open to members of the public for a limited period on weekdays between Tuesday 14 April and Friday 8 May 2015.
The House of Lords is the second chamber of the Houses of Parliament. In the run-up to the General Election in May, visitors can enjoy the opportunity to have lunch in the magnificent setting of the historic Palace of Westminster.
Typical dishes available on the lunch menu include:
- Pressed game terrine with baby leek and dandelion salad
- Potted confit of sea trout and crab with British spring salad and crab dressing
- Classic St. George’s mushroom vol au vent and truffled béarnaise sauce (vegetarian)
- Slow cooked ox cheek with Irish champ mash, heritage carrots, salsa verdi and jus
- Baked salmon with tagliatelle of vegetables, parsley potatoes and chive butter sauce
- Sweet potato, kale and quinoa cake, poached duck egg and hollandaise (vegetarian)
- Elderflower summer pudding with clotted cream and lavender shortbread
- Chocolate and raspberry torte with raspberry sorbet
The 3-course lunch menu priced at £35.00 per person will be served from 12pm to 2.30pm between Tuesday 14 April and Friday 8 May 2015 (except weekends and public holidays).
Advance booking is essential and reservations can be made for a maximum of 10 guests via the following reservation link (external website).
The dress code is smart/casual and entry is via the Cromwell Green visitor entrance (marked 8 on this map ( PDF 537 KB)). Please note that visitors are subject to airport style security searches and are advised to arrive at least 20 minutes prior to the booking time. Emailed booking confirmation is required.
For further details of this exciting opportunity, please call 020 7219 3395. Lines are open between 10am and 3pm Monday to Friday (except on public holidays).