Members' tours are available to UK residents free of charge and must be sponsored by a Member of Parliament (MP) or a Member of the House of Lords. The tours are led by trained guides.
Times and availability
Tours are generally fully booked 6 months in advance. Demand is high so early booking and flexibility regarding dates and times is strongly recommended.
Tours run every 5 minutes and last approximately 75 minutes.
Tours start at the following times:
When Parliament is sitting
- Monday: 9.00am-12noon
- Tuesday and Wednesday: 9.00am-9.55am (full tour)
- Tuesday and Wednesday: 10.00am-12noon (House of Lords only)
- Thursday: no tours
- Friday: 3.30pm-5pm
Please note that when Parliament is sitting, the full tour route may not always be available or may be subject to last minute change.
Non-sitting days and recesses
- Non-sitting Fridays: 3.30pm-5.00pm (No Tours on Fridays during the recesses)
- Summer Recess: Monday morning 9.30am-12.30pm (except Bank Holidays)
- All other Recess (including Conference Recess): Monday 9.30am-5.00pm (except Bank Holidays)
Tours are not available on Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holidays.
About Parliament: Recess dates
UK residents should contact their local MP or a Member of the House of Lords whom they know to arrange a tour. There is no charge for tours booked in this way.
Visitors can also pay for a tour on Saturdays and on selected weekdays during Parliamentary recesses. Tickets can be purchased in advance through Ticketmaster (external website) or on the day from the ticket office. More information can be found on the Houses of Parliament guided tours page.