Members' tours are available to UK residents free of charge and must be sponsored by a Member of Parliament (MP) or a Member of the House of Lords. The tours are led by trained guides.
Times and availability
Tours are generally fully booked 6 months in advance. Demand is high so early booking and flexibility regarding dates and times is strongly recommended.
Tours run every 5 minutes and last approximately 75 minutes.
Tours start at the following times:
During Parliamentary Sessions
- Monday: 9.00am-12noon (full tour)
- Tuesday and Wednesday: 9.00am-9.55am (full tour)
- Tuesday and Wednesday: 10.00am-12noon (partial tour; House of Lords only)
- Thursday: no tours
- Sitting Fridays: 3.30pm-5.00pm (full tour)
- Non-Sitting Fridays: 9.30am-5.00pm (full tour)
Please note that when Parliament is sitting, the full tour route may not always be available or may be subject to last minute change.
- Summer Recess: Monday morning 9.30am-12.30pm (except Bank Holidays)
- Short November Recess: 9.30am-5.00pm
- All other Recess: Monday 9.30am-5.00pm (except Bank Holidays when an alternative day will be made available)
Tours are not available on Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holidays.
About Parliament: Recess dates
UK residents should contact their local MP or a Member of the House of Lords whom they know to arrange a tour. There is no charge for tours booked in this way.
Visitors can also pay for a tour on Saturdays and on selected weekdays during Parliamentary recesses. Tickets can be purchased in advance through Ticketmaster (external website) or on the day from the ticket office. More information can be found on the Houses of Parliament guided tours page.