What does the guided tour cover?
An expert 'Blue Badge' guide accompanies you throughout this 90 minute tour through the House of Lords and House of Commons. Tour highlights include:
- Westminster Hall*
- Queen’s Robing Room
- Royal Gallery
- Prince’s Chamber
- Lords Chamber
- Moses Room*
- Central Lobby*
- Members’ Lobby
- Aye Lobby*
- Commons Chamber
- St Stephen’s Hall*
*Designated seating areas
Guided tours are offered on all tour days in English, French, German, Italian, Spanish and Russian.
Guided tours in Mandarin and other languages can be arranged for groups on request.
The line of route is occasionally subject to variation due to Parliamentary business.
A preview of what will be seen on the tour can be viewed on the online tours.
Afternoon tea in the Terrace Pavilion overlooking the River Thames is a popular add-on to the tours.
Tours are available to visitors from the UK and overseas on Saturdays throughout the year and on selected weekdays during Parliamentary recesses including the summer, Christmas and Easter.
Tickets can now be booked for the following dates:
- All Saturdays until 3 January 2015
- Tuesday to Friday between 16 September and 10 October 2014 (except 1 October 2014)
- Monday to Friday between 22 December 2014 and 2 January 2015 (except 24 to 26 December 2014 and 1 January 2015)
Tickets for later dates will be on sale shortly.
All admissions are on a timed ticket basis between 9am and 4.15pm
Guided tours in English start every 15 to 20 minutes throughout the day.
Guided tours in other languages start at the following times:
- French 10am, 12.20pm and 3pm
- German 10.20am, 12.40pm and 3.20pm
- Italian 10.40pm, 1pm and 3.40pm
- Spanish 11am, 1.20pm and 4pm
- Russian 1.40pm and 4.15pm
Individual prices and booking
- Adults: £25
- Concessions (over 60s, students, members of the UK Armed Forces): £20
- Children (5-15 years): £10
- Children (under 5): Free, but will require a ticket for admission
- Disabled visitors: Standard prices as listed above (escorts have free entry but will require a ticket for admission)
ID may be requested for students and UK Armed Forces concessions.
This tour is not recommended for young children due to the length of the tour and the amount of walking.
Individual bookings can be made:
- Online on the ticketmaster website
- By telephone on 0844 847 1672 (calling from the UK)
- By telephone on +44 161 425 8677 (calling from outside the UK)
Tickets can also be purchased in person in advance or on the day (subject to availability) from the Ticket Office located at the front of Portcullis House on Victoria Embankment (post code SW1A 2LW, marked 4 on the map).
In September 2014 the Ticket Office is open:
- Monday to Friday (1 to 12 September): 10.00am to 4.00pm
- Monday to Friday (15 to 30 September): 8.45am to 5.45pm
- Saturdays: 8.45am to 4.45pm
Group rates and booking
Group rates are available for groups of 10 or more if booked in advance.
Group bookings can be made:
- By telephone on 0844 847 2498 (from the UK)
- By telephone on +44 161 425 8677 (from outside the UK)
We regret that group bookings cannot be made online at this time.
Cancellation, Refunds and Exchanges
Tickets are non-refundable and time or date exchanges can only be arranged in advance of the event date. Exchanges can be arranged on the booking numbers provided.
Please note that tours may be cancelled at short notice due to Parliamentary business. In the event of cancellation you will be entitled to a full refund or will be able to book an alternative date. Compensation for accommodation and travel expenses are not provided.