What does the tour cover?
The finest British artists of their day designed the wonderful frescoes, portraits, statues, thrones, fireplaces and furniture that are explored in these special 75 minute tours through the House of Lords.
The visit showcases the exquisite craftsmanship of Augustus Welby Northmore Pugin and Charles Barry and the artistry of William Dyce and Daniel Maclise amongst many others.
The tours start in Sovereign's Entrance and follows the Royal Processional Route from Norman Porch through the Queen's Robing Room, Royal Gallery and Prince's Chamber before entering the majestic Lords Chamber.
Comments from visitors who have attended the Royalty and Splendour in the House of Lords tour:
"We saw more than we expected – very positive experience"
"Very knowledgeable, great for specialists and non specialists alike – I am an Art historian and still found it fascinating"
"Very well designed and paced to give visitor an excellent overview"
"I thoroughly enjoyed it. I thought it was a good length too –maintained my interest throughout"
Tours are available to visitors from the UK and overseas on selected Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays in September 2014.
Tickets can now be booked for the following dates:
- 17, 18 and 19 September 2014
- 24, 25 and 26 September 2014
All admissions are on a timed ticket basis with tours starting at 5pm.
Individual prices and booking
- Adults: £25.00
- Concessions (over 60s, students, members of the UK Armed Forces): £20
- Children (5-15 years): £10
- Disabled visitors: Standard prices as listed above (escorts have free entry but will require a ticket for admission)
ID may be requested for students and UK Armed Forces concessions.
This tour is not recommended for young children due to the length of the tour and the amount of walking.
Individual bookings can be made:
- Online on the ticketmaster website
- By telephone on 0844 847 1672 (calling from the UK)
- By telephone on +44 161 425 8677 (calling from outside the UK)
Tickets can also be purchased in person in advance or on the day (subject to availability) from the Ticket Office located at the front of Portcullis House on Victoria Embankment (post code SW1A 2LW, marked 4 on the map).
In September 2014 the Ticket Office is open:
- Monday to Friday (1 to 12 September): 10.00am to 4.00pm
- Monday to Friday (15 to 30 September): 8.45am to 5.45pm
- Saturdays: 8.45am to 4.45pm
Group rates and booking
Group rates are available for groups of 10 or more if booked in advance.
Group bookings can be made:
- By telephone on 0844 847 2498 (from the UK)
- By telephone on +44 161 425 8677 (from outside the UK)
We regret that group bookings cannot be made online at this time.
Cancellation, Refunds and Exchanges
Tickets are non-refundable and time or date exchanges can only be arranged in advance of the event date. Exchanges can be arranged on the booking numbers provided.
Please note that tours may be cancelled at short notice due to Parliamentary business. In the event of cancellation you will be entitled to a full refund or will be able to book an alternative date. Compensation for accommodation and travel expenses are not provided.