What does the audio tour cover?
The audio commentary brings to life this tour through the House of Lords and House of Commons. This self-guided tour takes around 60 to 75 minutes and features leading Parliamentary figures such as Mr Speaker and Black Rod.
Tour highlights include:
- Westminster Hall*
- Norman Porch*
- Queen's Robing Room
- Royal Gallery
- Prince’s Chamber
- Lords Chamber
- Central Lobby*
- Members’ Lobby
- No Lobby*
- Commons Chamber
- St Stephen’s Hall*
*Designated seating areas
Tours are occasionally subject to variation or cancellation due to the State Opening of Parliament and other parliamentary business.
Audio tours are offered in English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Mandarin and Brazilian Portuguese.
A family version of the audio tour, aimed at children aged 7 to 12, is also available in English. The family commentary is in the style of a ‘live’ news broadcast with time travelling reporters ‘reporting from the scene’ on stories associated with the Houses of Parliament.
For visitors who are deaf or who have a hearing loss a screen-based version of the audio tour is available in British Sign Language.
Visitor Assistants are on hand all along the tour route to answer questions.
Afternoon Tea overlooking the River Thames is a popular add-on to the tours.
Tours are available to visitors from the UK and overseas on Saturdays throughout the year and on most weekdays during parliamentary recesses.
Tickets can now be booked for the following dates:
- All Saturdays until 29 October 2016
- Weekdays 27 May and 1 to 3 June 2016
- Weekdays 16, 17, 23 and 24 June 2016
- Monday to Friday 26 July to 2 September 2016 (except 29 August)
- Tuesday to Friday 16 September to 7 October 2016
All admissions are on a timed ticket basis every 15 to 20 minutes throughout the day.
The tour route closes one hour after the final admissions.
Individual prices and booking
- Adults: £18.50
- Concessions (over 60s, students, members of the UK Armed Forces): £16
- Children (5-15 years): One child free with each paying adult, but will require a ticket for admission, £7.50 for each additional child
- Children (under 5): Free, but will require a ticket for admission
- Disabled visitors: Standard prices as listed above (escorts have free entry but will require a ticket for admission)
ID may be requested for students and UK Armed Forces concessions.
Individual bookings can be made:
By calling +44 (0)20 7219 4114
Tickets can also be purchased in person in advance or on the day (subject to availability) from the Ticket Office located at the front of Portcullis House on Victoria Embankment (post code SW1A 2LW, marked 5 on the map).
The Ticket Office is open on Monday to Friday 10am to 4pm, Saturday 8.45am to 4.45pm.
Please note that the Houses of Parliament Shop does not sell tour tickets.
Group rates and booking
Group rates are available for groups of 10 or more if booked in advance.
- Adults: £15
- Children (up to 15 years): £7.50
Group bookings can be made:
Online (for groups of up to 25 people)
By calling +44 (0)20 7219 4114
More information about booking for groups is available on the Groups and travel trade page.