What does the guided tour cover?
An expert 'Blue Badge' guide accompanies you throughout this 90 minute tour through the House of Lords and House of Commons.
Tour highlights include:
*Designated seating areas
Tours are occasionally subject to variation or cancellation due to Parliamentary business.
Guided tours are offered on all tour days in English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Russian and Mandarin.
Guided tours in other languages can be arranged for groups on request.
Afternoon tea in the Terrace Pavilion overlooking the River Thames is a popular add-on to the tours.
Tours are available to visitors from the UK and overseas on Saturdays throughout the year and on most weekdays during Parliamentary recesses including Summer, Conference, Christmas and Easter.
Tickets can now be booked for the following dates:
- All Saturdays until 2 January 2016 (except 26 December 2015)
- Monday to Friday between 27 July and 4 September 2015 (except 29, 30 and 31 July and 31 August 2015)
- Tuesday to Friday between 18 September and 9 October 2015 (except 1 October 2015)
- Wednesday 23, Tuesday 29 and Wednesday 30 December 2015
All admissions are on a timed ticket basis between the following times:
- Saturdays, 9am to 4.15pm
- Mondays between 3 and 24 August 2015, 1pm to 5.15pm
- Tuesday to Friday between 27 July and 1 September 2015, 9am to 5pm
- Tuesday to Friday between 18 and 30 September 2015, 9am to 5pm
- Tuesday to Friday between 2 and 9 October 2015, 9am to 4.15pm
- Monday to Friday between 18 and 30 December 2015, 9am to 4.15pm
Guided tours in English start every 15 to 20 minutes throughout the day.
Guided tours in other languages start at the following times:
- French 10am, 12.20pm and 3pm
- German 10.20am, 12.40pm and 3.20pm
- Italian 10.40pm, 1pm and 3.40pm
- Spanish 11am, 1.20pm and 4pm
- Russian 1.40pm and 4.15pm
- Mandarin 1.40pm and 4.15pm
Except Mondays between 3 and 24 August 2015:
- French and German 1pm and 3.20pm
- Russian and Mandarin 1.40pm and 4pm
- Italian and Spanish 2.20pm and 4.30pm
Individual prices and booking
- Adults: £25
- Concessions (over 60s, students, members of the UK Armed Forces): £20
- Children (5-15 years): £10
- Children (under 5): Free, but will require a ticket for admission
- Disabled visitors: Standard prices as listed above (escorts have free entry but will require a ticket for admission)
ID may be requested for students and UK Armed Forces concessions.
This tour is not recommended for young children due to the length of the tour and the amount of walking.
Individual bookings can be made:
- By calling +44 (0)20 7219 4114
Tickets can also be purchased in person in advance or on the day(subject to availability) from the Ticket Office located at the front of Portcullis House on Victoria Embankment (post code SW1A 2LW, marked 5 on the map).
The Ticket Office is open on Monday to Friday 10am to 4pm, Saturday 8.45am to 4.45pm.
Please note that the Houses of Parliament Shop does not sell tour tickets.
Group rates and booking
Group rates are available for groups of 10 or more if booked in advance.
- Adults: £19
- Children (up to 15 years): £10
Group bookings can be made:
- Online (for groups of up to 25 people)
- By calling +44 (0)20 7219 4114
More information about booking for groups is available on the Groups and travel trade page.