What does the tour cover?
This is an opportunity to see inside Portcullis House, the only new building commissioned by Parliament since the Palace of Westminster in the 19th century. It was designed by leading British architect Michael Hopkins and officially opened by Her Majesty the Queen in February 2001.
Portcullis House is the home of the House of Commons contemporary portrait collection. This unique collection of art records leading Parliamentarians in paintings, works on paper and photographs. The collection reflects a diversity of styles and approaches by UK based artists over the last 50 years. All the works were commissioned or acquired by the Works of Art Committee.
The tours take about 75 minutes and include a visit to the first floor Committee Corridor of Portcullis House.
Tours are available to visitors from the UK and overseas on selected Mondays in September 2014.
Tickets can now be booked for the following dates:
- 15, 22 and 29 September 2014
All admissions are on a timed ticket basis with tours starting at 10.30am, 1.30pm and 3.30pm.
Individual prices and booking
- Adults: £17.50
- Concessions (over 60s, under 16s, students, members of the UK Armed Forces): £15
- Disabled visitors: Standard prices as listed above (escorts have free entry but will require a ticket for admission)
ID may be requested for students and UK Armed Forces concessions.
This tour is not recommended for young children due to the length of the tour and the amount of walking.
Individual bookings can be made:
- Online on the ticketmaster website
- By telephone on 0844 847 1672 (calling from the UK)
- By telephone on +44 161 425 8677 (calling from outside the UK).
Tickets can also be purchased in person in advance or on the day (subject to availability) from the Ticket Office located at the front of Portcullis House on Victoria Embankment (post code SW1A 2LW, marked 4 on the map).
In September 2014 the Ticket Office is open:
- Monday to Friday (1 to 12 September): 10.00am to 4.00pm
- Monday to Friday (15 to 30 September): 8.45am to 5.45pm
- Saturdays: 8.45am to 4.45pm
Group rates and booking
Group rates are available for groups of 10 or more if booked in advance.
Group bookings can be made:
- By telephone on 0844 847 2498 (from the UK)
- By telephone on +44 161 425 8677 (from outside the UK) We regret that group bookings cannot be made online at this time.
Cancellation, Refunds and Exchanges
Tickets are non-refundable and time or date exchanges can only be arranged in advance of the event date. Exchanges can be arranged on the booking numbers provided.
Please note that tours may be cancelled at short notice due to Parliamentary business. In the event of cancellation you will be entitled to a full refund or will be able to book an alternative date. Compensation for accommodation and travel expenses are not provided.
Image credit: The Rt. Hon. Tony Benn, acrylic on canvas by Andrew Tift, 1998, WOA 4761.