Immerse yourself in the politics of Parliament with this unique professional development opportunity.
Teachers of Government & Politics, Citizenship and related subjects, and other education professionals, can apply to experience an intensive, informative and unforgettable course based at the Houses of Parliament.
The programme covers travel costs, residential accommodation and most meals. All resources, workshops and events are free of charge.
The Teachers' Institute offers:
- A tour of the Palace of Westminster
- The chance to watch debates in the chambers
- Q&A with Members from both Houses
- Informative sessions to improve delegates' knowledge of Parliament and democracy
- Activities that will help to develop classroom resources
- Networking opportunities
Dates & booking
Applications for the 2016 summer Teachers' Institute are now closed.
We will inform all applicants of the outcome of their application by 15 April 2016.
For any enquiries with regards to the Teachers' Institute, please contact [email protected] .
Applications for the three-day January 2017 Teachers' Institute will open mid-September 2016.
Teachers' Institute is open to teachers, trainee teachers and education professionals in the UK.