Immerse yourself in the politics of Parliament with this unique professional development opportunity.
Teachers of Government & Politics, Citizenship and related subjects, and other education professionals, can apply to experience an intensive, informative and unforgettable course based at the Houses of Parliament.
The programme covers travel costs, residential accommodation and most meals. All resources, workshops and events are free of charge.
The Teachers' Institute offers:
- A tour of the Palace of Westminster
- The chance to watch debates in the chambers
- Q&A with Members from both Houses
- Informative sessions to improve delegates' knowledge of Parliament and democracy
- Activities that will help to develop classroom resources
- Networking opportunities
Download a sample Teachers' Institute timetable here.
As a graduate of Teachers' Institute, you'll be invited to become a Teacher Ambassador for Parliament's Education Service. Using free resources provided during Teachers' Institute, you'll be able to help develop your students' and colleagues' understanding of Parliament and democracy, and benefit from continuing partnership with Parliament's Education Service.
Download more information about Teacher Ambassadors here.
Dates & booking
Applications for the three-day January 2017 Teachers' Institute are now open.
Places are allocated via a two-part application.
1. Please download and complete part 1 of the application.
2. Please fill out the online form (part 2 of the application) and attach the completed part 1 at the bottom of the form. You do not need to create an account to complete this form.
An e-mail will be sent to you to confirm receipt of your application.
Submissions close on 18 November 2016 at 5pm.
For any enquiries about Teachers' Institute, please contact [email protected] .
Teachers' Institute is open to teachers, trainee teachers and education professionals in the UK.