On Monday 17 October, the UK Parliament launched a new section ‘The Welsh Corner’ (Y Gornel Gymraeg) on Parliament’s website bringing together all of Parliament’s Welsh language services.
Available via the ‘Get Involved’ section of the Parliament website, the Welsh Corner includes:
- Information on how enquiries can be made in Welsh to the House of Commons and House of Lords enquiry service
- Links to all UK Parliament publications available in Welsh
- Information on our free Outreach community Workshops available in English and Welsh across Wales
- Links to the new Welsh language webpages of the Welsh Affairs Select Committee
- Welsh language information and publications about UK Parliament Week, 14-18 November 2016.
David Clark, Head of Outreach and Engagement, UK Parliament said:
"Having all our Welsh services in one place is a fantastic opportunity for the UK Parliament to further engage with and reach out to the growing Welsh language community. Investing in services, such as our Welsh language enquiry service, is a priority for us and demonstrates our commitment to outreach across the UK."
Susan Elan Jones, Labour MP for Clwyd South, said:
“I’m delighted that the UK Parliament has introduced this new initiative. It really is a terrific resource for Welsh speakers from Wales and across the UK.”
Liz Saville Roberts, Plaid Cymru MP for Dwyfor Meirionnydd, said:
"I am delighted to see how the Parliament website has provided a dedicated section for Welsh-medium resources, and I'll be encouraging schools and colleges in my constituency and beyond to make full use of them."
This initiative is being delivered by the Outreach and Engagement Team as part of its ongoing programme of public engagement, which aims to demonstrate how Parliament affects people’s day to day lives, engage with people the institution has not yet reached, and diversify the range of people who are involved with the work of Parliament.
For more information on Y Gornel Gymraeg or Outreach and Engagement services available in Welsh, please contact the Outreach Service at email@example.com or on 0207 219 1650.