The Speaker, in the Chair
Sir Stuart Bell
Mr Alan Duncan
Leader of the House
Mr David Maclean
1. DRAFT EQUALITY SCHEME (Commission)
The Commission agreed to consider the draft Equality Scheme further at its next meeting.
2. FOI PUBLICATION: MEMBERS' ALLOWANCES (MEC)
The Committee considered the timetable for sending the scanned and redacted material electronically to Members for checking, for Members to respond with suggestions for further editing, for further editing to be carried out and for publication.
The Committee agreed that:
- Members should be asked as soon as possible if they wanted to receive the scanned and redacted material as hard copy;
- The Committee on Members' Allowances should be asked to resolve any disagreements over further editing;
- Headline figures for 2007-08 should be sent to Members for checking as soon as possible and published before the Easter recess.
3. FOI PUBLICATION SCHEME (Commission)
The Commission agreed the Publication Scheme, as amended by new wording reflecting the House's decision of 22 January about Members' allowances (para 2.2) and subject to restricting the automatic publication of information on staff expenses, gifts and hospitality to members of the Management Board.
4. CONSOLIDATED LIST OF RESOLUTIONS RELATING TO ALLOWANCES (MEC)
The Committee agreed the draft report with the consolidated list annexed.
5. LETTER FROM THE CHAIRMAN OF THE COMMITTEE ON STANDARDS AND PRIVILEGES (MEC)
The Committee discussed the terms of Mr Speaker's answer to the letter from the Chairman of the Committee on Standards and Privileges.
6. FUNDING FOR HISTORY OF PARLIAMENT TRUST (Commission)
The Commission agreed with the Finance and Services Committee's recommendation that the History of Parliament Trust's funding be frozen at the current level in the next financial year.
7. ASSOCIATION OF FORMER MEMBERS OF PARLIAMENT (Commission)
The Commission took note of the report and accounts of the Association of Former Members of Parliament.
8. UPDATE ON WORK OF THE AUDIT COMMITTEES (Commission/MEC)
The Commission took note of the update on the work of the Audit Committees.
9. NEXT MEETING
The next meeting of the Commission/MEC will take place at 5pm on Monday 30 March 2009 in Speaker's House.