Monday 7 June 2010 at 4.30pm in Speaker’s House
The Speaker, in the Chair
Sir Stuart Bell
Sir George Young (Leader of the House)
1. MANAGEMENT BOARD’S PROPOSED STRATEGY FOR THE NEW PARLIAMENT
2. 2010/11 ADMINISTRATION ESTIMATE
The Commission agreed to consider options for the 2010/11 Administration Estimate on 21 June.
- agreed the proposed initial charging regime, based on full recovery of running costs at 70% occupation (£270–£295 per full week, £60–£67.50 for daily use and varying fees for different evening sessions);
- agreed that Members should have priority within the waiting list but should not have a guarantee of a place;
- agreed with the other criteria for prioritisation;
- agreed not to extend eligibility beyond Members, Members’ staff and House staff (including PICT staff) until the level of interest is better known;
- approved the plans for publicity.
4. INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS DIRECTORATE
The Commission took note of the paper.
5. APPOINTMENTS (Commission/MEC)
The Committee agreed that the members of the Members Estimate Audit Committee should be the same as the members of the Administration Estimate Audit Committee.
The Commission agreed that Sir Stuart Bell should be its spokesman pending a decision on a longer-term appointment.
6. ANY OTHER BUSINESS: DECANT STUDY
The Commission agreed that the report of the study on decanting from the Palace of Westminster should be made publicly available, subject to the omission of two sections on security and commercial grounds.
7. NEXT MEETING
The next meeting of the Commission/MEC will take place on Monday 21 June 2010 at 4.30pm in Speaker’s House.