This event will provide an overview of the ways in which science and technology are used in Parliament. Speakers from POST, Select Committees and the House of Commons Library will give presentations on their roles in Parliament, and there will then be a chance for questions and discussion.
13.30 Introduction from Chris Tyler, Director, POST
13:40 Presentations from
- Sarah Hartwell-Naguib, Head of Science and Environment Section, House of Commons Library
- Christopher Clarke, Clerk of the House of Lords Science and Technology Committee
- Stephen McGinness, Clerk of the House of Commons Science and Technology Committee
- Martin Smith, Committee Specialist, House of Commons Education Committee
- Lydia Harriss, Physical Sciences and ICT adviser, POST
14:10 Questions and discussion
Please note that this event is open only to Masters students registered on science and technology policy courses in UK institutions. There will also be a charge for lunch.