This event was a closed, roundtable discussion with leading academics and stakeholders over breakfast for parliamentarians and their staff, chaired by Lord Peter Hennessy. A summary of the discussion at the event is available here ( PDF 447 KB).
Seven experts leading thinking about futures in UK took part in open discussion on five areas that are the focus of the UK Government’s futures work, Robotics and Autonomous Systems, Internet of Things, Financial Technologies, Cities and the Future of Ageing. The experts were:
- Professor David Lane, Professor of Autonomous Systems Engineering at the Ocean Systems Laboratory Heriot-Watt University
- Mr Stephen Pattison, Head of Government Relations, ARM Holdings
- Dr Louise Beaumont, Head of Public Affairs and Marketing for GLI Finance
- Professor Sir Alan Wilson, Professor of Urban and Regional Systems in the Centre for Advanced Spatial Analysis at University College London
- Professor Sarah Harper, Professor of Gerontology at the University of Oxford, Director of the Oxford Institute of Population Ageing and Senior Research Fellow at Nuffield College, University of Oxford
- Jessica Bland, Principal Researcher in the Policy and Research team, NESTA
- Josef Hargrave, Head of coordination and delivery of global and regional foresight activities, ARUP
Image copyright: iStockphoto.