To enhance the capacity of delegates to hold their executives to account, through in-depth study of the Westminster Committee System
Using the Westminster model as the focus of discussions; to explore through briefings, discussion sessions, practical observation and workshops:
- The different structures and functions of committees, including public bill and select committees
- How to conduct an inquiry
- Committees and communications - the role of the media
- The powers and limitations of committees - how effective are they?
- Modernisation and reform of the committee system
- Different committee systems around the world