If you could make one law what would it be?
For this year's competition we want young people aged 7-16 to submit a film, or a script, or a storyboard telling Parliament about a new law they would introduce in the UK. Participants can choose any issue they care about and:
- Films can be up to 3 minutes long
- Scripts can be be between 200 and 500 words long
- Storyboards can be between 5 and 10 frames
Every participant will receive a digital badge and winners will be invited to an awards day which will include a tour of Parliament and a showcasing event for the winning entries at British Film Institute!
How to get involved
Visit the competition website where you will find everything you'll need to create and submit your enttry, including:
- Regularly updated blogs and 'Be Inspired' topics
- Downloadable teacher and student resources including technical tips, templates and activity and lesson plans
- Details on how to enter and full terms and condition
Competition entries can be submitted between 6 January and 14 February 2014.
All competition entries will be uploaded and hosted on the Makewav.es website, a safe social media site designed specifically for schools and students.
If you'd like to sign up to the Lights, Camera, Parliament! mailing list to receive competition updates, please email us
Promote the competition in your school or community with this downloadable poster