What does the guided tour cover?
An expert guide accompanies you throughout this 100 minute tour through the House of Lords and House of Commons. Tour highlights include:
- Grand Committee Room*
- Queen’s Robing Room
- Royal Gallery
- Prince’s Chamber
- Lords Chamber
- Moses Room*
- Central Lobby
- Members’ Lobby
- Aye Lobby*
- Commons Chamber
- St Stephen’s Hall
- Westminster Hall
*Designated seating stops
Guided tours are offered in English, French, German, Italian, Spanish and Russian.
Guided tours in other languages can be arranged for groups on request.
The line of route is occasionally subject to variation due to Parliamentary business. On 17, 23 and 24 May 2014, the Queen's Robing Room and Royal Gallery will be closed due to preparations for State Opening.
A preview of what will be seen on the tour can be viewed on the online tours.
Afternoon tea in the Terrace Pavilion overlooking the River Thames is a popular add-on to the tours.
Tours are available to visitors from the UK and overseas on Saturdays throughout the year and on selected weekdays during Parliamentary recesses including Easter, summer and Christmas.
Tickets can now be booked for the following dates:
- Most Saturdays until 30 August 2014 (except 31 May and 7 June 2014)
- Friday 11 April 2014
- Tuesday 15 to Thursday 17 April 2014
- Tuesday 22 to Friday 25 April 2014
- Friday 23 May 2014
- Thursday 31 July and Friday 1 August 2014
- Monday 4 to Friday 8 August 2014
- Monday 11 to Friday 15 August 2014
- Monday 18 to Friday 22 August 2014
- Tuesday 26 to Friday 29 August 2014
Tickets for later dates will be on sale shortly.
All admissions are on a timed ticket basis between 9am and 4.15pm (except Monday 4, 11 and 18 August 2014; 1.20pm to 4.15pm).
Guided tours in English start every 15 to 20 minutes throughout the day.
Guided tours in other languages start at the following times:
- French 10am, 12.20pm and 3pm
- German 10.20am, 12.40pm and 3.20pm
- Italian 10.40pm, 1pm and 3.40pm
- Spanish 11am, 1.20pm and 4pm
- Russian 1.40pm and 4.15pm
Individual prices and booking
- Adults: £25
- Concessions (over 60s, students, members of the UK Armed Forces): £20
- Children (5-15 years): £10
- Children (under 5): Free, but will require a ticket for admission
- Disabled visitors: Standard prices as listed above (escorts have free entry but will require a ticket for admission)
The guided tour prices include a free souvenir guide book. At this time the guide book is only available in English.
ID may be requested for students and UK Armed Forces concessions.
This tour is not recommended for young children due to the length of the tour and the amount of walking.
Individual bookings can be made:
- Online on the ticketmaster website
- By telephone on 0844 847 1672 (calling from the UK)
- By telephone on +44 161 425 8677 (calling from outside the UK)
Tickets can also be purchased in person in advance or on the day (subject to availability) from the ticket office located adjacent to the Jewel Tower, opposite the Houses of Parliament.
The ticket office is open between 8.45am and 4.45pm on tour days only. There is step-free access to the ticket office but this is over flagstones and at an angle.
Group rates and booking
Group rates are available for groups of 10 or more if booked in advance.
Group bookings can be made:
- By telephone on 0844 847 2498 (from the UK)
- By telephone on +44 161 425 8677 (from outside the UK)
We regret that group bookings cannot be made online at this time.
Cancellation, Refunds and Exchanges
Tickets are non-refundable and time or date exchanges can only be arranged in advance of the event date. Exchanges can be arranged on the booking numbers provided.
Please note that tours may be cancelled at short notice due to Parliamentary business. In the event of cancellation you will be entitled to a full refund or will be able to book an alternative date. Compensation for accommodation and travel expenses are not provided.