Parliamentary Outreach holds regular free seminars providing information on how to engage with Parliament’s scrutiny of legislation.
Each event focuses on a different subject area, based on the Government's forthcoming legislative programme.
The seminars are part of Parliament’s efforts to encourage greater engagement with legislative scrutiny.
What do the bill seminars look at?
A typical Bill Seminar includes information on:
- submitting evidence to a Public Bill Committee in the Commons
- engaging with members of the Lords as they consider a Bill
- accessing independent House of Commons Library research
- tracking the progress of a Bill online
- understanding secondary legislation
Experts from the Houses of Parliament are on hand at each workshop to answer any questions on the parliamentary scrutiny of a Bill.
Next Public Bill event
The next Public Bill Seminar is to be announced.
Recent Public Bill events
The last event was held in Portcullis House, Westminster on 3 April 2014 from 2-4pm.
If you are interested in find out more information or in attending a future Public Bill Seminar, please contact Parliamentary Outreach by telephone on 020 7219 1650 or by e-mail at email@example.com.