The Houses of Parliament Outreach service in Wales aims to create awareness of the work of Parliament and show how the debates and decisions of the House of Commons and House of Lords are relevant to the area.
The Parliamentary Outreach service also promotes engagement with the processes of Parliament, demonstrating how the public can get involved at a local and national level.
Recent examples of Outreach training for organisations in Wales
The following are recent examples of the types of events that Parliamentary Outreach can organise or participate in:
- Cardiff - A Beginners Guide to Parliament. Free workshop organised in partnership with Chwarae Teg (external website).
- Colwyn Bay - Get Involved. This workshop for adults with learning difficulties was jointly presented by the Welsh Assembly Outreach team and the UK Parliament Outreach officer for Wales, and looked at how the Welsh Assembly and UK Parliament works.Organised in partnership with Conwy Connect (external website).
- Cardiff - Love Your Vote session for adults with learning difficulties using our ALD resources, organised in partnership with Dimensions UK (external website).
Upcoming workshops, events and training in Wales
- 15 September – workshop for Torfaen People First – Cwmbran
- Swansea - 3 and 4 November 2015
Train the Trainer - a two day facilitator training programme, enabling organisations to deliver approved quality training about Parliament and getting involved. For more details or to apply to attend, please email [email protected].
- 5 November – seminar for Cardiff University politics students
- 6 November – provisional date for free Drop In session on how Parliament works in Wrexham.
Working with Parliamentary Outreach
In partnership with organisations such as Voices for Change Cymru, and Minority Ethnic Women's Network Wales, Parliamentary Outreach in Wales organises and participates in free training sessions, events and exhibitions.
The Parliamentary Outreach team are looking to develop partnerships and new audiences for events and sessions in Wales. Please do get in touch if you would like more information about using our free service and receiving tailored training for your group, charity or organisation.
If you are interested in holding an event with Parliamentary Outreach, please contact Liz Price at [email protected].
Parliament news for Wales