The South West Parliamentary Outreach service aims to create awareness of the work of Parliament and show how the debates and decisions of the House of Commons and House of Lords are relevant to the region.
Working with Parliamentary Outreach
In partnership with organisations such as local councils, community groups, charities and service providers such as Crossroads Care and Soroptimist International, the South West outreach service organises and participates in free training sessions, events and exhibitions.
Parliamentary Outreach activities in the South West
The following are recent examples of the types of events that Parliamentary Outreach can organise or participate in:
- Dorchester - Public Bill Seminar giving the public a closer look at how laws are made and how to have your say. Our Public Bill Seminars are free, open events for the public with an invited panel of expert speakers from Parliament and are held all over the UK.
- Bristol Session for academics and researchers organised in partnership with the University of the West of England (UWE).
- Bristol Workshop for young adults at Sensory Support Bristol, taking an informal look at how Parliament works and how to get involved.
Upcoming workshops, events and training in the South West
- 22 September – workshop and exhibition at Civil Service Local Live – Bristol
- 24 September – workshop for Somerset Village Agents – Taunton
- 1 October – workshop for Society of Local Council Clerks (Devon) – Exeter
- 2 October – talk for Wembdon Ladies - Bridgwater
- 8 October – workshop for Bristol Immigration Detention Campaign - Bristol
- 9 October – talk for Painswick Friday Club - Gloucester
- 15 & 16 October – programme of Lord Speaker Outreach events – Truro
- 19 October – seminar for Gloucestershire University
- 23 October - workshops and exhibition at Civic Voice AGM - Bristol
Planning an event? Would you like free training on how Parliament works?
If you are interested in finding out more about holding an event or training with Parliamentary Outreach in the South West, please contact Liz Price at [email protected].
Parliament news for the South West