About the Seminars
Seminars are held throughout the academic year, ranging from general introductory days to specialist themed events. They are free of charge and designed for education professionals. Parliament covers travel expenses for those in the state or voluntary/charitable education sector. Lunch is provided.
Read our terms and conditions for more information on travel expenses
What to Expect
We offer three types of seminar. All provide new ideas for Citizenship, Government & Politics and SMSC as well as include talks from current members of the House of Commons and the House of Lords. Please note that seminar itineraries may occasionally need to be rearranged at short notice due to the varied nature of parliamentary business.
- General - Includes a tour of the Palace of Westminster, Q&A sessions and an overview of Parliament's Education Service.
- A-level - Reflects the A-level syllabus and is designed for teachers of A-level Government and Politics.
- Bespoke - For groups of at least 10. Includes a tour of the Palace of Westminster and a tailored workshop adapted to suit your requirements. Please email [email protected] if you are interested in arranging a bespoke seminar.
The next seminar dates are:
- General - 13 February 2018, 9am - 4pm
- A-level - 12 June 2018, 9am - 4pm
How to Book
To book your place please complete our online booking form. For all bookings we operate a first come, first served policy based on the date that we receive your booking form. For any enquiries please email [email protected].
The Houses of Parliament have partnered with FutureLearn, the social learning platform to offer various courses on the UK Parliament. These courses are designed to help you understand the role of Parliament and how it is evolving.
Find out more and enrol on one of our online courses