About the Workshop
This fun, interactive From Bill to Law workshop will be delivered to your school by one of our Regional Outreach Officers. This workshop is generally 45 minutes in length, but can be flexible subject to your requirements. This workshop is available for pupils aged 7 - 18 and can be tailored for large or small groups.
For all Ages
- Understand that Parliament makes laws
- Consider why laws are important
- Debate an idea for a new law
For ages 11 - 16
- Explore how Parliament makes laws
- Scrutinise a law through debate
- Consider the recent examples of the law making process
For ages 16 - 18
- The role of committees in the law making process
- Non delegated legislation
Citizenship, British Values, PSHE, Government & Politics
Local & Global Citizenship
National Modern Studies 4 and 5, Democracy in Scotland and the United Kingdom units
Global Citizenship, Personal and Social Education Framework
Enquire about a Visit
Enquire about a visit by completing an expression of interest form. We reserve the right to prioritise certain requests to guarantee a proportionate geographic and demographic split of visitors.
For any other enquiries about our outreach visits, please contact [email protected].